Secret Scotland aims to provide a common resource where secret, hidden or otherwise notable Points of Interest around Scotland may be recorded and shared, and is modelled after the class-leading Wikipedia format.
There are four resources available to help with this aim:
- The Wiki or Main Site where anyone may create and save pages.
- Our Forum where the site content may be discussed.
- Our Blog, where news, announcements and items that don’t require or merit their own page can be posted (and the Admin can ramble).
- Our Flickr Group where pictures of interesting sites may be shared.
By secret or hidden, we’re really just referring to anything that might be described as lost, unknown, uninvestigated, unexplained, undiscovered, unexplored, forgotten, undisclosed, underground, subterranean, camouflaged, disguised, suppressed, or similar. In simple terms, it could just be something (or somewhere) that’s just a bit out of the ordinary, and might not be noticed if not highlighted. As inspiration, these are a few of the existing Categories:
- Recent Uploads August 20, 2014
- HM Factory Gretna August 17, 2014
- Glasgow Garden Festival July 22, 2014
- RNAS Crail July 16, 2014
- Hillman Imp July 9, 2014
- Bamse (Dog) July 3, 2014
- Cefoil Seaweed Factory June 23, 2014
- Westray and Papa Westray Flight June 22, 2014
- RAF Balado Bridge June 22, 2014
- Haggis June 22, 2014
SeSco on Flickr
- White Sands Battleship?
- Hunter Wellies wade off into the sunset
- The useless world of the Peltier effect dehumidifier
- Strathclyde Fire and Rescue training facility Cambuslang
- Newtonmore's Waltzing Waters to close at end of August 2011
- A world without outwith
- Dark Sky Observatory built in Dalmellington in Galloway Forest Park
- Archeolink vistor attraction set to close in 2011
- Two years on, the Wee Cumbrae con is still in denial
Insanity continues untilSome vote or other onSeptember 18th, 201429 days to go.
Recent Blog Entries
- Little 7-week old kitten found on Edinburgh bus
- Nikola Tesla Day – July 10
- Anstruther exhibition honours fishermen killed in the First World War
- Map of Scotland’s wild land published
- Now Ayrshire potatoes seek Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) status
- Sir jackie Stewart chosen to advise on motorsport safety
- A sub on the Clyde
- Hall’s reclaims World Record title for haggis
- Approval of outline designs for Rothesay Pavilion
- My Garden (says the cat)
Recent Blog Comments
clash of clans gemme… on Mapping WWII UK airfields, AA… jimbo on Map of Scotland’s wild l… Joseph on Matt blue Nissan GT-R spo… Pat Reale on Bellgrove Hotel made it onto t… James Percy on Military Heritage Scotland Ian Foster on Military Heritage Scotland rik angelini on Is the Scottish wildcat on the… James Percy on Military Heritage Scotland Apollo on Nikola Tesla Day – July… gailsnotes on Nikola Tesla Day – July…
- Little 7-week old kitten found on Edinburgh bus wp.me/p1Tf1-2gh 1 month ago
- Nikola Tesla DAy – July 10 wp.me/p1Tf1-2g8 1 month ago
- Helensburgh submarine museum funding on council agenda wp.me/p1Tf1-2g1 1 month ago
- Anstruther exhibition honours fishermen killed in the First World War wp.me/p1Tf1-2fw 1 month ago
- Map of Scotland’s wild land published wp.me/p1Tf1-2fs 1 month ago
- Cat found under bonnet of car in east end of Glasgow wp.me/p1Tf1-2fp 1 month ago
- Now Ayrshire potatoes seek Protected Geographical Indication (PGI)@status wp.me/p1Tf1-2fm 1 month ago
- The Carrick sank here, and here… wp.me/p1Tf1-2fh 1 month ago
- Rothesay tree reborn as bench wp.me/p1Tf1-2fd 1 month ago
- Approval of outline designs for Rothesay Pavilion wp.me/p1Tf1-2fb 1 month ago
Tag CloudAberdeen architecture auction Bute Caithness cat cats Christmas closure Clyde council crime development Donald Trump Dumfries Dundee Edinburgh event exhibition ferry Forum funding Glasgow Glasgow City Council Google Google Maps Health & Safety Helensburgh heritage Historic Scotland history humour hydro power Inverness island Isle of Bute legislation Lost low light memorial museum NTS nuclear park parking planning police privacy protest refurbishment renewables rescue research restoration River Clyde Rothesay security sign site St Kilda Street View television terrorism theft The Prisoner time tourism Trump veterans waste wave power weather wiki wind farm wind power
Terms & ConditionsTerms & Conditions
© 2005-2014 SeSco