About 100 Sunbeam Talbot Alpines from the UK, continental Europe, and North America are expected to meet in Inverness over the weekend of July 1 to July 4, 2011, Friday to Monday.
Owners and their cars will visit sites around Inverness, including Culloden Battlefield and Bogbain Farm.
It is now more than 50 years since the marque was last manufactured.
The Sunbeam Talbot Alpine Register (STAR) are involved in organising this event, described as the first such rally to be held in Inverness.
STAR was established in 1969 to encourage the use, restoration and preservation of the Talbot, Sunbeam Talbot, and Sunbeam cars manufactured by the Rootes Group between 1936 and 1957.
Secret Scotland aims to provide a common resource where secret, hidden or otherwise notable Points of Interest around Scotland may be recorded and shared, and is modelled after the class-leading Wikipedia format.
There are four resources available to help with this aim:
- The Wiki or Main Site where anyone may create and save pages.
- Our Forum where the site content may be discussed.
- Our Blog, where news, announcements and items that don’t require or merit their own page can be posted (and the Admin can ramble).
- Our Flickr Group where pictures of interesting sites may be shared.
By secret or hidden, we’re really just referring to anything that might be described as lost, unknown, uninvestigated, unexplained, undiscovered, unexplored, forgotten, undisclosed, underground, subterranean, camouflaged, disguised, suppressed, or similar. In simple terms, it could just be something (or somewhere) that’s just a bit out of the ordinary, and might not be noticed if not highlighted. As inspiration, these are a few of the existing Categories:
- Recent Changes April 6, 2014
- Achnacarry House April 6, 2014
- Cultybraggan March 26, 2014
- Brisbane Observatory March 24, 2014
- Recent Uploads March 24, 2014
- ROC Post Lochcarron March 22, 2014
- Group Footer March 22, 2014
- Holy Loch March 16, 2014
- Admiralty Hydro-Ballistic Research Establishment March 14, 2014
- Map Sandbox March 10, 2014
- Haunted Birkwood Castle could become hotel
- Flying snails
- History played out - by the DM
- Remarkable film archive found in rubbish
- Glasgow auction house to offer Fuherwein for sale
- Old signs uncovered in Queen Street revamp
- The House of Fraser Archive
- Landward - Effect of WWI on rural Scotland
- 2014 marks Burntisland train disaster centenary
- Historic Scottish county name origins
SeSco on Flickr
- Last evidence of Glasgow Zoo erased
- Science Fiction conventions still survive in Glasgow
- White Sands Battleship?
- Shrinking Wickes makes way for The Range in London Road
- Hunter Wellies wade off into the sunset
- Newtonmore's Waltzing Waters to close at end of August 2011
- New Dunoon Observer and Argyllshire Standard online web site
- Political church might sink Helensburgh Submarine Museum
Insanity continues untilSome vote or other onSeptember 18th, 20145 months to go.
Recent Blog Entries
- Satellite 4 the 65th British Science Fiction Convention in Glasgow
- More bricks
- It’s a swan – and family to be (but not mine)
- It’s a ladybird
- It’s a cat
- The lost part of Sandyhills Park
- Glasgow Museum of Transport quietly turns 50
- Five Sisters Zoo survives massive fire of one year ago
- David Hayman to retrace Tom Weir’s way in new tv show – Milngavie Herald
- Local loses the plot while Bute’s MSP pleads for sanity in Rothesay’s crazy window saga
Recent Blog Comments
Besa on The useless world of the Pelti… Helen on Hunter Wellies wade off into t… Ann on Hunter Wellies wade off into t… jock123 on A world without outwith Ralph on The prefab model in the People… Wullie on Clyde Weir on a dry day ubungmachtdenmeister on A world without outwith Apollo on Stadium bricks Gary on Stadium bricks Ian McConnell (@ianm… on Clyde Valley Community Forest…
- Satellite 4 the 65th British Science Fiction Convention in Glasgow wp.me/p1Tf1-2bB 2 hours ago
- More bricks wp.me/p1Tf1-2bi 1 day ago
- It’s a swan – and family to be (but not mine) wp.me/p1Tf1-2bp 2 days ago
- It’s a ladybird wp.me/p1Tf1-2bf 3 days ago
- It’s a cat wp.me/p1Tf1-2bc 4 days ago
- The lost part of Sandyhills Park wp.me/p1Tf1-2aT 5 days ago
- Glasgow Museum of Transport quietly turns 50 wp.me/p1Tf1-2aP 6 days ago
- Five Sisters Zoo survives massive fire of one year ago wp.me/p1Tf1-2aJ 1 week ago
- David Hayman to retrace Tom Weir’s way in new tv show – Milngavie Herald wp.me/p1Tf1-2aA 1 week ago
- Local loses the plot while Bute’s MSP pleads for sanity in Rothesay’s crazy window saga wp.me/p1Tf1-2ay 1 week ago
Tag CloudAberdeen auction bully Bute Caithness cat cats Christmas closure Clyde council crime development Donald Trump Dumfries Edinburgh event exhibition ferry Forum funding Glasgow Glasgow City Council Google Google Maps Health & Safety Helensburgh heritage Historic Scotland history humour hydro power Inverness island Isle of Bute legislation Lost low light memorial museum NTS nuclear parking planning police privacy protest refurbishment Remembrance renewables rescue research restoration River Clyde Rothesay sale security sign site St Kilda Street View television terrorism theft The Prisoner time tourism Trump veterans waste wave power weather wiki wind farm wind power
Terms & ConditionsTerms & Conditions
© 2005-2014 SeSco