About 100 Sunbeam Talbot Alpines from the UK, continental Europe, and North America are expected to meet in Inverness over the weekend of July 1 to July 4, 2011, Friday to Monday.
Owners and their cars will visit sites around Inverness, including Culloden Battlefield and Bogbain Farm.
It is now more than 50 years since the marque was last manufactured.
The Sunbeam Talbot Alpine Register (STAR) are involved in organising this event, described as the first such rally to be held in Inverness.
STAR was established in 1969 to encourage the use, restoration and preservation of the Talbot, Sunbeam Talbot, and Sunbeam cars manufactured by the Rootes Group between 1936 and 1957.
Secret Scotland aims to provide a common resource where secret, hidden or otherwise notable Points of Interest around Scotland may be recorded and shared, and is modelled after the class-leading Wikipedia format.
There are four resources available to help with this aim:
- The Secret Wiki where anyone may create and save pages.
- Our Forum where the site content may be discussed.
- Our Blog, where news, announcements and items that don’t require or merit their own page can be posted.
- Our Flickr Group where pictures of interesting sites may be shared.
By secret or hidden, we’re really just referring to anything that might be described as lost, unknown, uninvestigated, unexplained, undiscovered, unexplored, forgotten, undisclosed, underground, subterranean, camouflaged, disguised, suppressed, or similar. In simple terms, it could just be something (or somewhere) that’s just a bit out of the ordinary, and might not be noticed if not highlighted. As inspiration, these are a few of the existing Categories:
- Millport Wedge November 26, 2013
- Taggart November 24, 2013
- The Big Idea November 19, 2013
- HMS Seahawk November 15, 2013
- Recent Uploads November 7, 2013
- Admiralty Hydro-Ballistic Research Establishment November 1, 2013
- Grampian Toy Museum October 2, 2013
- Castle Toward October 1, 2013
- Inverbervie CEW Radar Station September 30, 2013
- Montrose Air Station Heritage Centre September 29, 2013
- Mobile phone fun for the brave
- Perth City Hall fate hangs in the balance
- Scotland Secret
- HMS Nelson mined by U-31 at Loch Ewe
- Brompton Tube Station Sold
- Scottish Urban Exploration - Scotsman article
- Fly over Edinburgh without a plane
- The hills oh oh The streets have eyes
- Police heli crashes on Glasgow pub
- Scottish maths graduate online poker millionaire
SeSco on Flickr
- Hunter Wellies wade off into the sunset
- Police asked to probe Commonwealth Games land deals
- The useless world of the Peltier effect dehumidifier
- Strathclyde Fire and Rescue training facility Cambuslang
- Newtonmore's Waltzing Waters to close at end of August 2011
- Mapping WWII UK airfields, AA and decoy sites
- Shrinking Wickes makes way for The Range in London Road
- Glasgow Garden Festival
- John Barrowman aims for "Obnoxious" award
- Last survivor from HMS Hood sinking dies
Recent Blog Entries
- Quiet Clutha
- Quiet sky
- Apples 2013
- Thugs on bikes head to court in US after beating driver and threatening family
- Poppyscotland 2013
- 30 years of the Burrell
- City of Adelaide – Arrival, September 25, 2013
- City of Adelaide – departure Friday, September 20, 2013
- Parliamentary motion to commemorate the 125th anniversary of John Logie Baird’s birth
Recent Blog Comments
- Quiet Clutha wp.me/p1Tf1-1YQ 5 days ago
- Quiet sky wp.me/p1Tf1-1YI 1 week ago
- Apples 2013 wp.me/p1Tf1-1Yh 4 weeks ago
- FISH wp.me/s1Tf1-fish 1 month ago
- Thugs on bikes head to court in US after beating driver and threatening family wp.me/p1Tf1-1XX 1 month ago
- Poppyscotland 2013 wp.me/p1Tf1-1XU via @Apo11o 1 month ago
- 30 years of the Burrell wp.me/p1Tf1-1XR 1 month ago
- City of Adelaide - Arrival, September 25, 2013 wp.me/p1Tf1-1XF 2 months ago
- City of Adelaide - departure Friday, September 20, 2013 wp.me/p1Tf1-1Xx 2 months ago
- Parliamentary motion to commemorate the 125th anniversary of John Logie Baird's birth wp.me/p1Tf1-1Xn 2 months ago
Tag CloudAberdeen Aberdeenshire abuse auction bully Bute Caithness cat cats closure Clyde council crime development Dumfries Edinburgh event exhibition ferry Forum funding Gaelic Glasgow Glasgow City Council Google Google Maps Health & Safety heritage Historic Scotland history humour hydro power Inverness island Isle of Bute legislation Lost Main Site memorial museum NTS nuclear parking planning police privacy protest RAF refurbishment Remembrance renewables rescue research restoration River Clyde Rothesay sale security site St Kilda Street View survey television terrorism theft time tourism Trump veterans waste wave power weather wiki wind farm wind power
Terms & ConditionsTerms & Conditions
© 2005-2013 SeSco
Site infoSecret Scotland
The Andreas04 Theme.