About 100 Sunbeam Talbot Alpines from the UK, continental Europe, and North America are expected to meet in Inverness over the weekend of July 1 to July 4, 2011, Friday to Monday.
Owners and their cars will visit sites around Inverness, including Culloden Battlefield and Bogbain Farm.
It is now more than 50 years since the marque was last manufactured.
The Sunbeam Talbot Alpine Register (STAR) are involved in organising this event, described as the first such rally to be held in Inverness.
STAR was established in 1969 to encourage the use, restoration and preservation of the Talbot, Sunbeam Talbot, and Sunbeam cars manufactured by the Rootes Group between 1936 and 1957.
Secret Scotland aims to provide a common resource where secret, hidden or otherwise notable Points of Interest around Scotland may be recorded and shared, and is modelled after the class-leading Wikipedia format.
There are four resources available to help with this aim:
- The Wiki or Main Site where anyone may create and save pages.
- Our Forum where the site content may be discussed.
- Our Blog, where news, announcements and items that don’t require or merit their own page can be posted (and the Admin can ramble).
- Our Flickr Group where pictures of interesting sites may be shared.
By secret or hidden, we’re really just referring to anything that might be described as lost, unknown, uninvestigated, unexplained, undiscovered, unexplored, forgotten, undisclosed, underground, subterranean, camouflaged, disguised, suppressed, or similar. In simple terms, it could just be something (or somewhere) that’s just a bit out of the ordinary, and might not be noticed if not highlighted. As inspiration, these are a few of the existing Categories:
- Drill Hall Summary November 29, 2014
- St Peter's Seminary November 17, 2014
- Fin Me Oot November 13, 2014
- Cloch Boom October 17, 2014
- Starfish Decoy October 17, 2014
- X-Craft October 17, 2014
- Loch Striven October 17, 2014
- HMS Varbel II October 17, 2014
- Sir Thomas Makdougall Brisbane September 30, 2014
- Brisbane Observatory September 30, 2014
- A CalMac competitor?
- Sub off Scottish West Coast
- Restoration of Parkhead Rosneath
- Glasgow author John Gordon Lorimer
- Mysterious installation between Glasgow/E Kilbride
- Possibly the rarest cat in Scotland
- WWI seaplane base at Wardie
- Closed radar facility near Drummore on the Solway
- Sooty Glasgow beat sooty New York by decades
- Lidl slips off my shopping list
SeSco on Flickr
- Hunter Wellies wade off into the sunset
- The useless world of the Peltier effect dehumidifier
- A world without outwith
- Baillieston Police Station - A Shut and Open Case
- Hurry Bros and Borglas liquidated
- Strathclyde Fire and Rescue training facility Cambuslang
- Missed Me!
- Foyers Power Station gets a mention
- Glamis hosts huge vintage car auction
- Bellgrove Hotel made it onto the web
Recent Blog Entries
- Auchenshuggle Wood survey
- Comic Con 2014 set for Glasgow’s SECC in September
- Little 7-week old kitten found on Edinburgh bus
- Nikola Tesla Day – July 10
- Anstruther exhibition honours fishermen killed in the First World War
- Map of Scotland’s wild land published
- Now Ayrshire potatoes seek Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) status
- Sir jackie Stewart chosen to advise on motorsport safety
- A sub on the Clyde
- Hall’s reclaims World Record title for haggis
December 2014 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Recent Blog Comments
- Auchenshuggle Wood survey wp.me/p1Tf1-2gp 3 months ago
- Comic Con 2014 set for Glasgow’s SECC in September wp.me/p1Tf1-2bw 3 months ago
- Little 7-week old kitten found on Edinburgh bus wp.me/p1Tf1-2gh 5 months ago
- Nikola Tesla DAy – July 10 wp.me/p1Tf1-2g8 5 months ago
- Helensburgh submarine museum funding on council agenda wp.me/p1Tf1-2g1 5 months ago
- Anstruther exhibition honours fishermen killed in the First World War wp.me/p1Tf1-2fw 5 months ago
- Map of Scotland’s wild land published wp.me/p1Tf1-2fs 5 months ago
- Cat found under bonnet of car in east end of Glasgow wp.me/p1Tf1-2fp 5 months ago
- Now Ayrshire potatoes seek Protected Geographical Indication (PGI)@status wp.me/p1Tf1-2fm 5 months ago
- The Carrick sank here, and here… wp.me/p1Tf1-2fh 5 months ago
Tag CloudAberdeen architecture auction Bute Caithness cat cats Christmas closure Clyde council crime development Donald Trump Dumfries Dundee Edinburgh event exhibition ferry Forum funding Glasgow Glasgow City Council Google Google Maps Health & Safety Helensburgh heritage Historic Scotland history humour hydro power Inverness island Isle of Bute legislation Lost low light memorial museum NTS nuclear park parking planning police privacy protest refurbishment renewables rescue research restoration River Clyde Rothesay security sign site St Kilda Street View television terrorism theft The Prisoner time tourism Trump veterans waste wave power weather wiki wind farm wind power
Terms & ConditionsTerms & Conditions
© 2005-2014 SeSco