About 100 Sunbeam Talbot Alpines from the UK, continental Europe, and North America are expected to meet in Inverness over the weekend of July 1 to July 4, 2011, Friday to Monday.
Owners and their cars will visit sites around Inverness, including Culloden Battlefield and Bogbain Farm.
It is now more than 50 years since the marque was last manufactured.
The Sunbeam Talbot Alpine Register (STAR) are involved in organising this event, described as the first such rally to be held in Inverness.
STAR was established in 1969 to encourage the use, restoration and preservation of the Talbot, Sunbeam Talbot, and Sunbeam cars manufactured by the Rootes Group between 1936 and 1957.
Secret Scotland aims to provide a common resource where secret, hidden or otherwise notable Points of Interest around Scotland may be recorded and shared, and is modelled after the class-leading Wikipedia format.
There are four resources available to help with this aim:
- The Wiki or Main Site where anyone may create and save pages.
- Our Forum where the site content may be discussed.
- Our Blog, where news, announcements and items that don’t require or merit their own page can be posted (and the Admin can ramble).
- Our Flickr Group where pictures of interesting sites may be shared.
By secret or hidden, we’re really just referring to anything that might be described as lost, unknown, uninvestigated, unexplained, undiscovered, unexplored, forgotten, undisclosed, underground, subterranean, camouflaged, disguised, suppressed, or similar. In simple terms, it could just be something (or somewhere) that’s just a bit out of the ordinary, and might not be noticed if not highlighted. As inspiration, these are a few of the existing Categories:
- How WWI was announced on the Isle of Bute
- Appeal over WWII plane crashes on Bute
- Railways of the Great War
- First World War shipwrecks found in Scapa Flow
- Swooping birds of prey probably best avoided
- Fort William land super-fast broadband
- Italian Chapel seems set for new film conflict
- Gowan Hill, Stirling.
- Kippen: NGSR
- River Clyde short tour
SeSco on Flickr
- The useless world of the Peltier effect dehumidifier
- Newtonmore's Waltzing Waters to close at end of August 2011
- Hunter Wellies wade off into the sunset
- Recognition sought for Dumfries and Galloway munitions workers
- Street View comes to Scotland
- The hybrid ferries of CalMac are real
- A world without outwith
- Glasgow 1955 and a one day photo survey
- Live-Eye road views
- Scottish midge proves to be a wee hard man
Insanity continues untilSome vote or other onSeptember 18th, 20141 month to go.
Recent Blog Entries
- Little 7-week old kitten found on Edinburgh bus
- Nikola Tesla Day – July 10
- Anstruther exhibition honours fishermen killed in the First World War
- Map of Scotland’s wild land published
- Now Ayrshire potatoes seek Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) status
- Sir jackie Stewart chosen to advise on motorsport safety
- A sub on the Clyde
- Hall’s reclaims World Record title for haggis
- Approval of outline designs for Rothesay Pavilion
- My Garden (says the cat)
August 2014 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Recent Blog Comments
Joseph on Matt blue Nissan GT-R spo… Pat Reale on Bellgrove Hotel made it onto t… James Percy on Military Heritage Scotland Ian Foster on Military Heritage Scotland rik angelini on Is the Scottish wildcat on the… James Percy on Military Heritage Scotland Apollo on Nikola Tesla Day – July… gailsnotes on Nikola Tesla Day – July… Ian Foster on Military Heritage Scotland James Percy on Military Heritage Scotland
- Little 7-week old kitten found on Edinburgh bus wp.me/p1Tf1-2gh 3 weeks ago
- Nikola Tesla DAy – July 10 wp.me/p1Tf1-2g8 3 weeks ago
- Helensburgh submarine museum funding on council agenda wp.me/p1Tf1-2g1 3 weeks ago
- Anstruther exhibition honours fishermen killed in the First World War wp.me/p1Tf1-2fw 4 weeks ago
- Map of Scotland’s wild land published wp.me/p1Tf1-2fs 1 month ago
- Cat found under bonnet of car in east end of Glasgow wp.me/p1Tf1-2fp 1 month ago
- Now Ayrshire potatoes seek Protected Geographical Indication (PGI)@status wp.me/p1Tf1-2fm 1 month ago
- The Carrick sank here, and here… wp.me/p1Tf1-2fh 1 month ago
- Rothesay tree reborn as bench wp.me/p1Tf1-2fd 1 month ago
- Approval of outline designs for Rothesay Pavilion wp.me/p1Tf1-2fb 1 month ago
Tag CloudAberdeen architecture auction Bute Caithness cat cats Christmas closure Clyde council crime development Donald Trump Dumfries Dundee Edinburgh event exhibition ferry Forum funding Glasgow Glasgow City Council Google Google Maps Health & Safety Helensburgh heritage Historic Scotland history humour hydro power Inverness island Isle of Bute legislation Lost low light memorial museum NTS nuclear park parking planning police privacy protest refurbishment renewables rescue research restoration River Clyde Rothesay security sign site St Kilda Street View television terrorism theft The Prisoner time tourism Trump veterans waste wave power weather wiki wind farm wind power
Terms & ConditionsTerms & Conditions
© 2005-2014 SeSco