About 100 Sunbeam Talbot Alpines from the UK, continental Europe, and North America are expected to meet in Inverness over the weekend of July 1 to July 4, 2011, Friday to Monday.
Owners and their cars will visit sites around Inverness, including Culloden Battlefield and Bogbain Farm.
It is now more than 50 years since the marque was last manufactured.
The Sunbeam Talbot Alpine Register (STAR) are involved in organising this event, described as the first such rally to be held in Inverness.
STAR was established in 1969 to encourage the use, restoration and preservation of the Talbot, Sunbeam Talbot, and Sunbeam cars manufactured by the Rootes Group between 1936 and 1957.
Secret Scotland aims to provide a common resource where secret, hidden or otherwise notable Points of Interest around Scotland may be recorded and shared, and is modelled after the class-leading Wikipedia format.
There are four resources available to help with this aim:
- The Wiki or Main Site where anyone may create and save pages.
- Our Forum where the site content may be discussed.
- Our Blog, where news, announcements and items that don’t require or merit their own page can be posted (and the Admin can ramble).
- Our Flickr Group where pictures of interesting sites may be shared.
By secret or hidden, we’re really just referring to anything that might be described as lost, unknown, uninvestigated, unexplained, undiscovered, unexplored, forgotten, undisclosed, underground, subterranean, camouflaged, disguised, suppressed, or similar. In simple terms, it could just be something (or somewhere) that’s just a bit out of the ordinary, and might not be noticed if not highlighted. As inspiration, these are a few of the existing Categories:
- Leopard Man of Skye July 13, 2016
- Appin Murder July 12, 2016
- Bennie Railplane July 11, 2016
- British Underwater Test and Evaluation Centre July 4, 2016
- Recent Uploads July 3, 2016
- Portavadie July 1, 2016
- Corrugated Iron Buildings June 12, 2016
- RAF Peterhead May 23, 2016
- Doune Motor Museum May 14, 2016
- Rockall May 3, 2016
- Another wartime bomb - Montrose
- Victoria Power Station for sale £1
- Glasgow bus crash
- Cardross Cat's Castle for sale
- New pumped storage scheme proposed
- Mitsubishi is really rather Scottish
- The Scotsman and a campaign
- War at Sea: Scotland's Story Today 21:00 – 22:00
- Real Scottish sink hole and no BS about it
- Robert Burns' bathing spot 'transformed'
SeSco on Flickr
- The useless world of the Peltier effect dehumidifier
- Newtonmore's Waltzing Waters to close at end of August 2011
- Unusual wartime bomber restoration
- Hurry Bros and Borglas liquidated
- Hunter Wellies wade off into the sunset
- Secret Scotland Wiki
- Poor East End Mini Segway owner
- A world without outwith
- Scots and Canada
- Foyers Power Station gets a mention
Recent Blog Entries
- Eilean da Mheinn (Harbour Island) is for sale for a mere £500,000
- Censored and blocked by New Scientist for asking for an explanation
- How I was (not) totally ignored by The Telegraph and Twitter
- Finally, birthplace of Peter Pan officially classified as ‘rescued’
- Security guards still like to harass photographers
- Find wartime bombing sites in Aberdeenshire
- Missed me – again
- St Peter’s featured on BBC Radio 4 Today programme
- The first signs of Christmas
- Gallowgate gunfire – at least it was yesterday
July 2016 M T W T F S S « Jun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Recent Blog Comments
Scott Campbell on New pier for Largs Apollo on New pier for Largs Scott Campbell on New pier for Largs Apollo on Hurry Bros and Borglas li… Chris on Hurry Bros and Borglas li… David Cowan on The Electric Brae – Indi… email@example.com on Censored and blocked by New Sc… Arne Hagtvedt on Norwegian Naval Base Pete… mgordon42 on Norwegian Naval Base Pete… Chad on British Silly Time strikes…
- Eilean da Mheinn (Harbour Island) is for sale for a mere £500,000 secretscotland.wordpress.com/2016/06/30/eil… https://t.co/RLab2YSJzg 3 weeks ago
- Apparently Piers Morgan IS the mindless idiot many have been saying he is for years. I thought he had gone independent.co.uk/news/people/pi… 3 weeks ago
- Progress. twitter.com/MobileMilitary… 1 month ago
- Censored and blocked by New Scientist for asking for an explanation secretscotland.wordpress.com/2016/06/07/cen… https://t.co/07v6UFIEc2 1 month ago
- Not according to @newscientist which has just blocked me for complaining about most of their tweets being repeats. twitter.com/guardiantech/s… 1 month ago
Tag CloudAberdeen Aberdeenshire abuse architecture auction Bute Caithness cat cats Christmas closure Clyde conservation council demolition development Donald Trump Dumfries Edinburgh event exhibition ferry Forum funding Glasgow Glasgow City Council Google Google Maps Health & Safety Helensburgh heritage Historic Scotland history humour hydro power Inverness island Isle of Bute Lost low light memorial museum nuclear park parking planning police privacy protest refurbishment renewables rescue research restoration River Clyde Rothesay security sign site St Kilda Street View television terrorism theft The Prisoner time tourism Trump veterans waste wave power weather wiki wind farm wind power
Terms & ConditionsTerms & Conditions
© 2005-2014 SeSco