About 100 Sunbeam Talbot Alpines from the UK, continental Europe, and North America are expected to meet in Inverness over the weekend of July 1 to July 4, 2011, Friday to Monday.
Owners and their cars will visit sites around Inverness, including Culloden Battlefield and Bogbain Farm.
It is now more than 50 years since the marque was last manufactured.
The Sunbeam Talbot Alpine Register (STAR) are involved in organising this event, described as the first such rally to be held in Inverness.
STAR was established in 1969 to encourage the use, restoration and preservation of the Talbot, Sunbeam Talbot, and Sunbeam cars manufactured by the Rootes Group between 1936 and 1957.
Secret Scotland aims to provide a common resource where secret, hidden or otherwise notable Points of Interest around Scotland may be recorded and shared, and is modelled after the class-leading Wikipedia format.
There are four resources available to help with this aim:
- The Wiki or Main Site where anyone may create and save pages.
- Our Forum where the site content may be discussed.
- Our Blog, where news, announcements and items that don’t require or merit their own page can be posted (and the Admin can ramble).
- Our Flickr Group where pictures of interesting sites may be shared.
By secret or hidden, we’re really just referring to anything that might be described as lost, unknown, uninvestigated, unexplained, undiscovered, unexplored, forgotten, undisclosed, underground, subterranean, camouflaged, disguised, suppressed, or similar. In simple terms, it could just be something (or somewhere) that’s just a bit out of the ordinary, and might not be noticed if not highlighted. As inspiration, these are a few of the existing Categories:
- RAF Wigtown July 2, 2015
- RNAD Coulport July 2, 2015
- Recent Uploads May 16, 2015
- Drumshantie Rifle Range April 14, 2015
- B-24 Liberator 42-72851 Lochmaddy April 10, 2015
- Castle Toward March 15, 2015
- Royal Observer Corps February 12, 2015
- GL Radar February 11, 2015
- St Peter's Seminary January 19, 2015
- Crosse & Blackwell Factory Peterhead January 18, 2015
- Oldest tractor could be Scottish
- CalMac ferry in Troon
- No wonder doctors turn down 90 k salary
- Scottish pub bosses seek relaxation of smoking ban
- Odd street light spotted
- Here comes the 5 p plastic bag
- I want knobs and buttons on my cheap camera
- Theft from Commando Memorial
- MoD closes UFO unit
- The Broadspeed Jaguar
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
SeSco on Flickr
- The useless world of the Peltier effect dehumidifier
- Lidl technical problems 2 - Quick clamps
- Newtonmore's Waltzing Waters to close at end of August 2011
- Hurry Bros and Borglas liquidated
- Secret Scotland Wiki
- Cars of the Stars come to former Argyll factory
- Lidl technical problems 1 - Rechargeable batteries
- PastMap integrates five heritage databases on one online map
- Glasgow in the 1970s - a set of photo surveys
Recent Blog Entries
- Police seek Falkirk dangerous parker
- Lidl technical problems 2 – Quick clamps
- Careful who you envy – you could be wishing you were dead
- 7th Annual Space Auction includes MacBean Scottish connection
- Lidl technical problems 1 – Rechargeable batteries
- Good news for cat people in Edinburgh
- Dogs which helped derail Nazi nuclear weapons operations remembered
- St Peter’s Seminary as seen by ‘Sometimes Interesting’
- Eclipse plus one – Perfect viewing weather one day too late
- Compared: 1999 and 2015 eclipse pics
July 2015 M T W T F S S « Jun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Recent Blog Comments
- Lidl Technical Problems 2 - Quick clamps secretscotland.wordpress.com/2015/05/15/lid… http://t.co/8kZzRnOiHA 1 day ago
- Police seek Falkirk dangerous parker youtube.com/watch?feature=… secretscotland.wordpress.com/2015/06/30/pol… 3 days ago
- Bad timing? twitter.com/MrCliveC/statu… 1 month ago
- RT @springheeledmac: Fantastic day on the @ClipperShipCoA . Fascinating tour. Highly recommend going for a visit. #Adelaide http://t.co/X9I… 2 months ago
- Careful who you envy – you could be wishing you were dead wp.me/p1Tf1-2hT 2 months ago
- 7th Annual Space Auction includes MacBean Scottish connection wp.me/p1Tf1-2hQ 2 months ago
- Lidl technical problems 1 - Rechargeable batteries wp.me/p1Tf1-2gV 2 months ago
- Good news for cat people in Edinburgh wp.me/p1Tf1-2hz 2 months ago
- Dogs which helped derail Nazi nuclear weapons operations remembered wp.me/p1Tf1-2hs 3 months ago
- St Peter’s Seminary as seen by ‘Sometimes Interesting’ wp.me/p1Tf1-2hn 3 months ago
Tag CloudAberdeen architecture auction Bute Caithness cat cats Christmas closure Clyde council crime development Donald Trump Dumfries Dundee Edinburgh event exhibition ferry Forum funding Glasgow Glasgow City Council Google Google Maps Health & Safety Helensburgh heritage Historic Scotland history humour hydro power Inverness island Isle of Bute legislation Lost low light memorial museum NTS nuclear park parking planning police privacy protest refurbishment renewables rescue research restoration River Clyde Rothesay security sign site St Kilda Street View television terrorism theft The Prisoner time tourism Trump veterans waste wave power weather wiki wind farm wind power
Terms & ConditionsTerms & Conditions
© 2005-2014 SeSco