About 100 Sunbeam Talbot Alpines from the UK, continental Europe, and North America are expected to meet in Inverness over the weekend of July 1 to July 4, 2011, Friday to Monday.
Owners and their cars will visit sites around Inverness, including Culloden Battlefield and Bogbain Farm.
It is now more than 50 years since the marque was last manufactured.
The Sunbeam Talbot Alpine Register (STAR) are involved in organising this event, described as the first such rally to be held in Inverness.
STAR was established in 1969 to encourage the use, restoration and preservation of the Talbot, Sunbeam Talbot, and Sunbeam cars manufactured by the Rootes Group between 1936 and 1957.
Secret Scotland aims to provide a common resource where secret, hidden or otherwise notable Points of Interest around Scotland may be recorded and shared, and is modelled after the class-leading Wikipedia format.
There are four resources available to help with this aim:
- The Wiki or Main Site where anyone may create and save pages.
- Our Forum where the site content may be discussed.
- Our Blog, where news, announcements and items that don’t require or merit their own page can be posted (and the Admin can ramble).
- Our Flickr Group where pictures of interesting sites may be shared.
By secret or hidden, we’re really just referring to anything that might be described as lost, unknown, uninvestigated, unexplained, undiscovered, unexplored, forgotten, undisclosed, underground, subterranean, camouflaged, disguised, suppressed, or similar. In simple terms, it could just be something (or somewhere) that’s just a bit out of the ordinary, and might not be noticed if not highlighted. As inspiration, these are a few of the existing Categories:
- Recent Uploads November 19, 2015
- Flannan Lighthouse November 10, 2015
- Keil House November 10, 2015
- Clyde Hovercraft November 9, 2015
- Cruachan Power Station October 19, 2015
- St Kilda October 19, 2015
- Torwood Blue Pool September 21, 2015
- Royal Naval Torpedo Factories September 11, 2015
- Taggart August 24, 2015
- Recent Changes November 19, 2015
- CalMac ferry in Troon
- MoD closes UFO unit
- Moray RAF bases set for change after 2010
- The Carrick or City of Adelaide is laid to rest
- Theft from Commando Memorial
- Swastika in field near Aviemore
- Vulcan to the Sky - XH558
- Helensburgh degaussing
- Appeal over WWII plane crashes on Bute
- HMS Templar the Loch Striven torpedo test target
- The small air raids on Scotland
- Percy Toplis
- The Scotsman forgets change should be better
- Is this Record story about use-by dates sponsored
- Andrew Provan - mutilated then executed in 1765
- Ancient Scottish Yew has sex change
- Drunk in charge of...
- Attack in afternoon near People's Palace
- Billion dollar theft trail leads to Edinburgh flat
- Scotland's share of nazi loot
SeSco on Flickr
- The useless world of the Peltier effect dehumidifier
- Hunter Wellies wade off into the sunset
- Unusual wartime bomber restoration
- A world without outwith
- Demolition imminent for McColl's Hotel in Dunoon
- Strathclyde Fire and Rescue training facility Cambuslang
- Hurry Bros and Borglas liquidated
- Hunterston and Torness open for public tours
- Loch Ness monster - probably fake. Loch Ness monster tattoo - NOT fake
Recent Blog Entries
- Gallowgate gunfire – at least it was yesterday
- The future of the Scottish wildcat looks rather gloomy
- Modified Mercedes
- Cyclist’s waiting area… Never heard of it
- Sad Citroën is still sad in Dalmarnock
- What are these markers for?
- Tollcross Winter Gardens – a ‘Lasting Legacy’ to betrayal
- These are the street signs we really need
- Even concrete doesn’t deter bad drivers
Recent Blog Comments
- Gallowgate gunfire – at least it was yesterday secretscotland.wordpress.com/2015/11/22/gal… https://t.co/SQu7CWpkME 3 days ago
- Walkies secretscotland.wordpress.com/2015/11/16/wal… https://t.co/l2pnZnYyC1 1 week ago
- Cyclist’s waiting area… Never heard of it secretscotland.wordpress.com/2015/11/12/cyc… https://t.co/xWcQUMHvkd 1 week ago
- The future of the Scottish wildcat looks rather gloomy secretscotland.wordpress.com/2015/11/15/the… 1 week ago
- SHOUTING helps get the message over secretscotland.wordpress.com/2015/10/29/sho… https://t.co/qbgozm5eKj 1 week ago
- Modified Mercedes secretscotland.wordpress.com/2015/11/14/mod… https://t.co/fzqxuCll5G 1 week ago
- Even concrete doesn’t deter bad drivers secretscotland.wordpress.com/2015/11/03/eve… https://t.co/Gj4RxXbyd8 1 week ago
- Sad Citroën is still sad in Dalmarnock secretscotland.wordpress.com/2015/11/11/sad… https://t.co/IqundSigPA 2 weeks ago
- What are these markers for? secretscotland.wordpress.com/2015/11/10/wha… https://t.co/S7YTbww8Q1 2 weeks ago
- I never see anything ‘interesting’ secretscotland.wordpress.com/2015/11/01/i-n… https://t.co/G4RWmWLv00 2 weeks ago
Tag CloudAberdeen architecture auction Bute Caithness cat cats Christmas closure Clyde conservation council crime demolition development Donald Trump Dumfries Edinburgh event exhibition ferry Forum funding Glasgow Glasgow City Council Google Google Maps Health & Safety Helensburgh heritage Historic Scotland history humour hydro power Inverness island Isle of Bute Lost low light memorial museum nuclear park parking planning police privacy protest refurbishment renewables rescue research restoration River Clyde Rothesay security sign site St Kilda Street View television terrorism theft The Prisoner time tourism Trump vandalism veterans waste wave power weather wiki wind farm wind power
Terms & ConditionsTerms & Conditions
© 2005-2014 SeSco