About 100 Sunbeam Talbot Alpines from the UK, continental Europe, and North America are expected to meet in Inverness over the weekend of July 1 to July 4, 2011, Friday to Monday.
Owners and their cars will visit sites around Inverness, including Culloden Battlefield and Bogbain Farm.
It is now more than 50 years since the marque was last manufactured.
The Sunbeam Talbot Alpine Register (STAR) are involved in organising this event, described as the first such rally to be held in Inverness.
STAR was established in 1969 to encourage the use, restoration and preservation of the Talbot, Sunbeam Talbot, and Sunbeam cars manufactured by the Rootes Group between 1936 and 1957.
Secret Scotland aims to provide a common resource where secret, hidden or otherwise notable Points of Interest around Scotland may be recorded and shared, and is modelled after the class-leading Wikipedia format.
There are four resources available to help with this aim:
- The Wiki or Main Site where anyone may create and save pages.
- Our Forum where the site content may be discussed.
- Our Blog, where news, announcements and items that don’t require or merit their own page can be posted (and the Admin can ramble).
- Our Flickr Group where pictures of interesting sites may be shared.
By secret or hidden, we’re really just referring to anything that might be described as lost, unknown, uninvestigated, unexplained, undiscovered, unexplored, forgotten, undisclosed, underground, subterranean, camouflaged, disguised, suppressed, or similar. In simple terms, it could just be something (or somewhere) that’s just a bit out of the ordinary, and might not be noticed if not highlighted. As inspiration, these are a few of the existing Categories:
- Recent Uploads April 23, 2016
- Map Sandbox April 18, 2016
- Port Mor Radar Station April 13, 2016
- Tunnel Tigers March 16, 2016
- U-33 March 11, 2016
- Cruachan Power Station March 2, 2016
- Cloch Boom February 29, 2016
- Operation Hardrock February 27, 2016
- Lost Canals February 4, 2016
- Flannan Lighthouse November 10, 2015
- American teens coming to save Glasgow kids (NOT)
- What blow down failure actually looks like
- Naked rambler case becomes dubious
- The Carrick or City of Adelaide is laid to rest
- TS Queen Mary coming to the Clyde
- RAF Drem and the Hawker Hurricane
- Scottish pub bosses seek relaxation of smoking ban
- CalMac ferry in Troon
- Intriguing concrete beams
- Swastika in field near Aviemore
SeSco on Flickr
- The useless world of the Peltier effect dehumidifier
- Loch Striven and the Bouncing Bomb
- A world without outwith
- Hunter Wellies wade off into the sunset
- Is the Scottish wildcat on the Isle of Mull?
- Little Cumbrae seems to be sold at last
- Unusual wartime bomber restoration
- Baillieston Police Station - A Shut and Open Case
- Newtonmore's Waltzing Waters to close at end of August 2011
- ROF Bishopton development approved
Recent Blog Entries
- Finally, birthplace of Peter Pan officially classified as ‘rescued’
- Security guards still like to harass photographers
- Find wartime bombing sites in Aberdeenshire
- Missed me – again
- St Peter’s featured on BBC Radio 4 Today programme
- The first signs of Christmas
- Gallowgate gunfire – at least it was yesterday
- The future of the Scottish wildcat looks rather gloomy
- Modified Mercedes
May 2016 M T W T F S S « Mar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Recent Blog Comments
- Handy - but still not widely known about. Tell somebody! twitter.com/epicbrowser/st… 3 days ago
- Cuningar Loop FINALLY opens this week: kiltr.com/secretscotland… 1 month ago
- 25 hardest v-games - only have Super Smash TV from this list - sadly not even heard of rest: theguardian.com/technology/201… https://t.co/RJFqXOJRtu 1 month ago
- Who would have thought a failed clerical concept would have sparked such architectural interest. twitter.com/Scranlife/stat… 1 month ago
- Would almost be a good tweet had writer not made mistake of naming Google (rather than just autonomous cars). twitter.com/Radio99/status… 1 month ago
- Find wartime bombing sites in Aberdeenshire secretscotland.wordpress.com/2016/03/03/fin… 1 month ago
- Finally, birthplace of Peter Pan officially classified as ‘rescued’ secretscotland.wordpress.com/2016/03/04/fin… https://t.co/mQXVQbDn9V 1 month ago
- Security guards still like to harass photographers secretscotland.wordpress.com/2016/03/04/sec… 2 months ago
- First time I've seen a USEFUL graphic that show the reason for the fusion race. twitter.com/newscientist/s… 3 months ago
- Missed me –@again secretscotland.wordpress.com/2015/12/03/mis… https://t.co/4IPBk9dn8y 5 months ago
Tag CloudAberdeen Aberdeenshire abuse architecture auction Bute Caithness cat cats Christmas closure Clyde conservation council demolition development Donald Trump Dumfries Edinburgh event exhibition ferry Forum funding Glasgow Glasgow City Council Google Google Maps Health & Safety Helensburgh heritage Historic Scotland history humour hydro power Inverness island Isle of Bute Lost low light memorial museum nuclear park parking planning police privacy protest refurbishment renewables rescue research restoration River Clyde Rothesay security sign site St Kilda Street View television terrorism theft The Prisoner time tourism Trump veterans waste wave power weather wiki wind farm wind power
Terms & ConditionsTerms & Conditions
© 2005-2014 SeSco