About 100 Sunbeam Talbot Alpines from the UK, continental Europe, and North America are expected to meet in Inverness over the weekend of July 1 to July 4, 2011, Friday to Monday.
Owners and their cars will visit sites around Inverness, including Culloden Battlefield and Bogbain Farm.
It is now more than 50 years since the marque was last manufactured.
The Sunbeam Talbot Alpine Register (STAR) are involved in organising this event, described as the first such rally to be held in Inverness.
STAR was established in 1969 to encourage the use, restoration and preservation of the Talbot, Sunbeam Talbot, and Sunbeam cars manufactured by the Rootes Group between 1936 and 1957.
Secret Scotland aims to provide a common resource where secret, hidden or otherwise notable Points of Interest around Scotland may be recorded and shared, and is modelled after the class-leading Wikipedia format.
There are four resources available to help with this aim:
- The Wiki or Main Site where anyone may create and save pages.
- Our Forum where the site content may be discussed.
- Our Blog, where news, announcements and items that don’t require or merit their own page can be posted (and the Admin can ramble).
- Our Flickr Group where pictures of interesting sites may be shared.
By secret or hidden, we’re really just referring to anything that might be described as lost, unknown, uninvestigated, unexplained, undiscovered, unexplored, forgotten, undisclosed, underground, subterranean, camouflaged, disguised, suppressed, or similar. In simple terms, it could just be something (or somewhere) that’s just a bit out of the ordinary, and might not be noticed if not highlighted. As inspiration, these are a few of the existing Categories:
- Barnton Quarry July 23, 2015
- Operation Hardrock July 21, 2015
- Cruachan Power Station July 20, 2015
- Decontamination Centre Kilmacolm July 14, 2015
- Recent Uploads July 14, 2015
- Balrossie School July 14, 2015
- Patterton Rifle Range July 8, 2015
- Achmelvich Castle July 3, 2015
- RAF Wigtown July 2, 2015
- RNAD Coulport July 2, 2015
- This was brought to court because
- Scotland Astronomer Royal has comets hit the Sun
- Snow leopards arrive at wildlife centre
- Porridge ice cream
- Nobody wanted Whitehall House
- Why the lust for heads to roll
- SOE/STS 25c
- Shove that private car parking charge and fine
- Read and check stories that sound bogus
- The rolling Scottish R is rolling away
SeSco on Flickr
- The useless world of the Peltier effect dehumidifier
- A world without outwith
- Newtonmore's Waltzing Waters to close at end of August 2011
- Inverbervie Cold War Radar Station up for sale again
- Hurry Bros and Borglas liquidated
- Hunter Wellies wade off into the sunset
- Clipper ship cradle about to set sail for Scotland - 28 October 2011
- Right to roam regains momentum
- Mapping WWII UK airfields, AA and decoy sites
- Aircraft boneyard goes high resolution
Recent Blog Entries
- The saga of the smart meter and a good idea gone wrong
- General Lee to die for Political Correctness
- Best use ever for Donald Trump
- Final phase of New Lanark restoration set to begin
- Luss parking – seems it’s a problem
- Guildford Square EV charging point reported
- Glasgow’s Mackintosh Ingram Street tearoom will feature in new Dundee museum
- BFI offers ‘Britain on Film’ archive for free
- 2015 Prestwick air show will be last chance to see the Vulcan fly
- Police seek Falkirk dangerous parker
Recent Blog Comments
Grace malcolm on Hurry Bros and Borglas li… Twisty Headed Man on Local loses the plot while But… Peterwilson on If it’s stopped, it… Apollo on Guildford Square EV charging p… N K Campbell on Guildford Square EV charging p… Apollo on Lidl technical problems 2… Ralph. on Lidl technical problems 2… Apollo on Strange case of the Sandyhills… Henry inglis on Strange case of the Sandyhills… Ruth Marr on Clyde Valley Community Forest…
- The saga of the smart meter and a good idea gone wrong secretscotland.wordpress.com/2015/07/19/the… http://t.co/i3qZ2D3pqN 1 week ago
- General Lee to die for Political Correctness secretscotland.wordpress.com/2015/07/18/gen… 1 week ago
- Best use ever for Donald Trump secretscotland.wordpress.com/2015/07/15/bes… http://t.co/28ULnP70Kf 2 weeks ago
- secretscotland.wordpress.com/2015/07/14/8856 http://t.co/RNDIocPI3B 2 weeks ago
- Luss parking – seems it’s a problem secretscotland.wordpress.com/2015/07/11/lus… http://t.co/cOvLDesqeA 2 weeks ago
- Guildford Square EV charging point reported secretscotland.wordpress.com/2015/07/10/gui… http://t.co/DVB9byN3IW 2 weeks ago
- Glasgow’s Mackintosh Ingram Street tearoom will feature in new Dundee museum secretscotland.wordpress.com/2015/07/10/gla… 2 weeks ago
- BFI offers ‘Britain on Film’ archive for free secretscotland.wordpress.com/2015/07/09/bfi… http://t.co/eQcqvp2Smt 2 weeks ago
- 2015 Prestwick air show will be last chance to see the Vulcan fly secretscotland.wordpress.com/2015/07/07/201… http://t.co/Gpo8zPQL1B 3 weeks ago
- Plug in, switch on, blow up secretscotland.wordpress.com/2015/04/04/plu… http://t.co/mwhDTWG5nL 3 weeks ago
Tag CloudAberdeen architecture auction Bute Caithness cat cats Christmas closure Clyde council crime development Donald Trump Dumfries Dundee Edinburgh event exhibition ferry Forum funding Glasgow Glasgow City Council Google Google Maps Health & Safety Helensburgh heritage Historic Scotland history humour hydro power Inverness island Isle of Bute legislation Lost low light memorial museum nuclear park parking planning police privacy protest refurbishment renewables rescue research restoration River Clyde Rothesay security sign site St Kilda Street View television terrorism theft The Prisoner time tourism Trump vandalism veterans waste wave power weather wiki wind farm wind power
Terms & ConditionsTerms & Conditions
© 2005-2014 SeSco